We are always looking for motivated people to be employment coaches.
See the Employment Coach job description below, and if you are interested, continue on and fill out the application form below.
Employment Coach Description
An employment coach will support Thrive members in the “employment stabilization” track, by aiding in applying/looking for jobs, resume building, interview skills, and navigating the workplace. The goal is to support members in the job search
process, help them obtain and keep a job for at least one year, and walk alongside members by encouraging them in setting goals and overcoming barriers to employment .
- One-year commitment
- Experience in coaching, management/leadership, and social services/human services desirable but not required
- Sustain contact with Thrive members during the job search process and throughout their first year of employment
- Commit to helping members overcome barriers in everyday life and barriers in job search/job retention
- Communicate consistently (one hour per week in person with member, ongoing communication electronically as needed for additional support). Role will fluctuate based on member’s need for support, and as they become employed
- Collaborate with lead employment coach as questions or concerns arise
- On-going communication with employers to obtain feedback about members’ work performance
An ideal employment coach
- Relational connection
- Trusted listening
- Shares life and work experiences
- Discusses life, job skills, and values
- Reflects Jesus in relationships
- Never tries to “fix” members, but rather walks alongside them
- Aids members in looking for and applying for jobs
- Practice interviewing, writing resumes and cover letters, etc.
- Provides support for members in keeping a job for at least one year
- Passion for helping individuals become self-sufficient
- Helps member regain dignity and feel empowered
- Team player, positive attitude, commitment